HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR EYEBROWS FOLLOWING YOUR APPOINTMENT
Although, your brows may seem defined and bold right after application, they'll fade 20-40% during the healing phase. If aftercare is not followed, additional pigment loss will be seen, leaving you with little healed results. Don't worry though, following these simple aftercare tips will help you achieve the best healed results!
Day 1-14: Cleanse & Ointment
Starting the evening of your procedure, cleanse the area with antibacterial hand soap and water for 5 seconds gently outside of the shower 2 x daily, rise and pat dry. Please allow area to dry fully before applying a small rice grain sized amount of ointment you were sent home. For eyebrows the area should never be greasy, shiny or glossy - if so you've used too much. However, lips must be hydrated with the ointment at all times. Please continue to wash face daily with a face cloth avoiding brows directly.
Day 1-14: Avoid the Following
- Avoid all direct water contact with brows while bathing (besides cleansing) until no more flaking is seen.
- No sleeping, picking, pulling or scratching the procedure area until full healed. If flaking is removed this results in pigment loss and scaring.
- No makeup, lotion or facial cleanser until healed.
- Refrain from intense cardiovascular activity for 1-2 weeks.
- No recreational swimming. hot tubs, saunas and steam rooms for 2 weeks.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 4 weeks following the procedure.
- Lips: Avoid drinking through a straw, smoking and spicy foods until the lips are healed and no scabs are visible.