Preparing for your Upcoming Appointment
We can't wait to meet you and give you some awesome new brows! But before we can do that, we must ensure you're a suitable candidate first.
Please take a moment and read through our disqualification list prior to booking.
- Under 18 years of age
- Pregnant or nursing.
- Transmittable blood conditions (i.e. Hepatitis or HIV).
- Prone to keloids.
- Skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis in the area to be treated.
- Used accutane within 1 year.
- Diabetic (consult with family doctor prior to booking).
- Underwent radiotherapy or chemotherapy within 1 year.
We ask that you voluntarily follow our instructions leading up to your appointment, this allows proper absorbtion of pigments.
If instructions are not adhered to, your appointment will be rescheduled to a later date.
To compensate loss wages, deposit will be forfeited and a new deposit will be required upon rebooking.
- Do not consume caffeine, tea, alcohol or energy drinks 24 HOURS prior.
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, Niacin, or other NSAIDs 48 HOURS prior appointment as this can cause blood to thin. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, as this will affect your final healed result.
- Do not consume Vitamin E, or fish oils 3 days prior.
- No facials, peels, exfoliants, Retinol, Vitamin A, AHA skin care product 2 WEEKS before your appointment.
- No Botox 2 weeks prior to appointment.
- No direct sun exposure on brow area 2 weeks prior.
Although, your brows may seem defined and bold right after application, they'll fade between 20-40% during the healing phase.
If aftercare is not followed, addtional pigment loss (40-80%) will be seen, leaving you with very little healed results. Due to this, a 2nd touch up will be required (3 sessions instead of 2).
Day of the treatment - First 2 hours: Gently blot each brow using a clean tissue to absorb excess fluid. You may or may not see any during this time. If you do, we want to avoid it from drying to prevent a crust from forming (flake/scab).
Day 1-10: 1st step - WASH
The morning after your procedure, gently wash brows with a very small amount of mild cleanser and rise with water (no longer than 30 seconds). Gently pat dry with a tissue or paper towel. Use a very light touch. Repeat cleansing twice daily. DO NOT use any cleansing products containing glycolic, lactic or any exfoliants.
Day 1-10: 2nd step - MOISTURIZE
Allow your brows to completely dry following cleansing. Never put ointment on wet or damp brows. Apply an extremely small amount of ointment to each brow (half the size of a grain of rice is enough for both brows) after cleansing, two times daily. Brows should not appear greasy, glossy or shiny - if so, you used too much. Disregard this step if I've advised you to.
3rd step: AVOID THE FOLLOWING
- Besides cleansing, you MUST avoid all direct WATER contact, lotion and makeup on the brow area until fully healed (7-10 days).
- No sleeping on your eyebrows, picking, pulling or scratching procedure area until superficially healed. This can cause scabs to fall off prematurely, causing pigment loss and scarring.
- Refrain from intense cardiovascular activity 1-week post-procedure.
- No recreational swimming, hot tubs, steam rooms and saunas 2 weeks post-procedure.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 2 weeks following your appointment (wear a hat).
What to expect after your procedure
Immediately after your procedure, brows will appear dark and slightly larger in size. The next day they will appear even darker and will remain like this for a few more days. The procedure area may have minor redness and feel sensitive but will subside within 1-2 days.
Around day 4 or 5, you will begin to feel tightness and may see some peeling. Again, do not pick, pull or scratch procedure area.
Once the area has healed, usually around 10-14 days, brows will appear light and sometimes barely noticeable. This is completely normal and what to expect following your appointment.
Between 14 and 28 days, the colour will stabilize and resurface where you will start to see the final colour of your new brows.
Everyone heals and accepts the pigment differently. Uneven colour after the initial treatment is to be expected. In order to ensure the best outcome, a touch-up session in 4 to 6 weeks after your initial appointment is required to achieve the desired result.
Healed results vary per person and depends on: skin type, skin health, lifestyle, aftercare and the amount of times the area had been worked on.